Pages

Halloween at Disneyland Part 3: Food, Characters, Plaza Point Holiday Shop

The best part of Halloween time at Disneyland is the food, amiright? I can't wait to show you some of the treats I enjoyed plus some very special characters and the brand new Plaza Point Holiday Shop featuring year-round holiday merch!

(If you missed part 1 and part 2 covering Disneyland and California Adventure, check it out!)

Food


Halloween is the season of pumpkin spice, so I had to try these pumpkin fritters from Royal Street Veranda just outside the Pirates ride. So moist and served with the most amazing cream cheese dipping sauce! It's $5.99 for three, and annual pass holders get 15% of almost all food in the park.

I also enjoy the jambalaya from French Market. It definitely brings the heat! $14.99 for the seafood, chicken, and andouille sausage version.


The last thing I ate that night was my favorite savory food, this toasted salsa roja chicken sandwich served with tortilla soup at Jolly Holiday at the end of Main Street. Delish!


My last treat of the day was this pumpkin churro with pumpkin dipping sauce from the cart outside Astro Blasters in Tomorrowland. This was the only place that didn't accept the 15% discount.


While I enjoyed all these treats, I searched all over the park for this super cool Apple Stein mug only to find out they sold out back in September :( So if you want something special like this that's a seasonal product you'll have to go first thing in the season.

*As if visiting the park 11/27, the Apple Stein Mug is back in stock at Red Rose Tavern! I would suspect supply chain issues are at work.

Characters

I manage to catch quite a few characters out and about  including my heartthrob Loki! Surprise! He was looking ravishing as ever even from the COVID-safe distance on the balcony.




Kylo Ren was also giving a riveting performance trying to persuade us to come to the dark side.


Surprise! There was a parade over at Disneyland I caught the tail-end of earlier in the day. So yes, parades are back to some extent, but they only feature half a dozen of the same characters and it's very short, so if you're not on Main Street around 3 pm you'll miss it!



Other characters were dressed up in Halloween costumes.



I spotted Goofy in both CA and Disneyland. He gets around a lot!





I saw Goofy 3x total!


Plaza Point Holiday Shop


If you haven't heard, there's a brand-new year-round holiday shop devoted exclusively to holiday merch! This will include not only Christmas and Halloween but also Lunar New Year, Easter, and others. You can find it on the end of Main Street. Let's take a peek inside!



A cool feature is that you can have an ornament personalized by a cast member right in front of yours eyes.


Even though it was still Halloween, Christmas fare made up the bulk of the shop. 


This little gingerbread Stitch stole my heart.






You can get special stockings in different characters.



I thought the bubble ornament with the Cinderella slipper inside was so pretty.


More Shopping

What else is new in stores?! Plenty!



I couldn't resist buying this little fella! There is also a sticker version.




These are too cute, but they are weighted a couple of pounds! Not sure why.
















That wraps up Halloween! With my annual pass, I'll be able to give you inside looks at Christmas time, Lunar New Year, and more! Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment