Pages

Day Trip to Miyajima Part 3

Welcome back to the Miyajima tour! (Catch up on part 1 and part 2!) After my journey exploring the many temples and shrines around the island, I found myself at the Miyajima ropeway to Mt. Misen.


There's a basic building where you can get some drinks, buy souvenirs, and use the restrooms.


Or take a commemorative photo.



Buy your ticket, then enjoy the leisurely ride to the top.


You'll get some great shots from here, especially in the fall!


You won't want the ride to the top to be over once you arrive! According to this sign, "The view from the summit of Mt. Misen represents the genuine value of Miyajima, one of the most scenic spots of Japan." It definitely is! Also, don't feed the deer.

There's more signage here warning you of bees and snakes, though thankfully I didn't come across any.


Finally! These are the views we've been waiting for. You're going to want to relax and take the time to drink it all in.





Once you've finished here, there's another small building where you can step inside buy some special momiji manju cakes (shaped like maple leaves, momiji, and filled with sweet bean paste). This happens to be a "lovers sanctuary" where you can light the "fire of oath" with your special someone.



After that, you can also try making the momiji manju yourself, only 500 yen (about $5) a couple.


Alas, I did not have a special someone with me so it was time to head back. Here are a few other cool things I snapped back to the ferry, including more shots of shrines and deer.







Even SpongeBob is used to market momiji manju.


Best part to finish out the day: more okonomiyaki! (I ate okonomiyaki 1-2 times each day I was in Hiroshima! It's that good). I think this one was an okonomiyaki crepe.


I also got myself some momiji manju too.


That's it for Miyajima! Hope you enjoyed this fun tour in my footsteps and visit yourself one day. It definitely won't disappoint!

Wanna virtually visit other cool places in Japan? Check out my insider look at the Studio Ghibli Museum in Mitaka, the Pompompurin Cafe in Yokohama, Tokyo DisneylandTokyo Disney SeaOkinawa, the Kit Kat Chocolatory at Tokyo Station, IkebukuroMadame Tussaud's in Odaiba, a cat cafe in Harajuku, the Edo-Tokyo Museum, and Haneda Airport!

No comments:

Post a Comment