Pages

Disneybounding: One of My Favorite Pastimes!

If you’ve followed my blogs for a while now, you’ll know I’m a huge Disney fan. Now that I have an annual pass, I’m at Disneyland at least twice a month – and no, I never get tired of it.

Besides the rides, seasonal food, entertainment, and souvenirs, one of my favorite things about going to Disneyland is Disneybounding, which is like cosplaying but using everyday clothes to recreate inspired looks based on your favorite characters. The fun is planning your outfit from clothes, ears, bags, and accessories. No one’s Disneybound looks quite like another, and that’s the fun of it – showing off your unique take on a look! I always get excited to wear a new outfit and take photos at the park.

Here's a look at some of my favorite Disneybounds (they're all princesses!).

1.      Snow White

Snow White is the perfect starter for anyone new to Disneybounding because it’s so simple to recreate. All you need it a dark blue top, yellow skirt or pants, and a touch of red such as a belt or a bow in your hair.

For accessories, I buy most of my earrings from FemmedeBloom. I have both regular Mickey apples and poison apple earrings, plus an apple hair clip, Snow White bow, and Snow White scrunchie from the Disney Japan store. I got the ears from Amazon, but they're not padded and very lightweight so I take them off when I’m hustling around the park. Add leggings or a red sweater for colder weather! My favorite addition is the sleeping Snow White Loungefly backpack from BoxLunch. And of course I have my nuiMO buddy with me!

When it comes to shoes, I always opt for comfort rather than fashion when I know I’m going to be walking 20,000+ steps, but you could do yellow shoes.

2.      Ariel

Ariel is my favorite princess, so I’ve done four different looks so far.


This first look is my favorite and was done for Dapper Day (held twice a year at Disneyland where everyone dresses up retro). I got almost everything on Shein including the top, skirt, pearl necklace and belt, red gloves, sunglasses, and fastener hat. I ordered the ears on eBay and brought my Ariel Loungefly bag.

This was one exception where I did in fact pair my shoes for the photo – and only for the photo! They were a find on Poshmark. I'm also wearing some Sebastian and Flounder earrings from FemmedeBloom and have my cute Sebastian shoulder pal. I also brought a little Flounder Squishmallow for the photo below.


For colder months I love wearing this cozy sweater from BoxLunch (I love making flatlays these days!). The lining is so soft and the embroidery is gorgeous, plus it's my favorite color. My Tokyo Disneyland Ariel bow ears match perfectly along with the bag charm and Ariel nuiMO.


This next one I wore when the live action Little Mermaid was being promoted at the parks. Super easy since I got the dress from Hot Topic and added pink pearls.


This was another Hot Topic dress. I've matched it with my Little Mermaid Loungefly bag.


This is a great outfit for the summer months. The top is from Hot Topic and I wore my purple gym shorts and paired it with a purple choker and an Ursula shell charm.

3.      Belle


After Ariel, Belle is my next favorite princess! I love this dress from Kohls when the live action movie came out. It's lacy and feminine and definitely makes me feel like a princess. I always get complements wherever I wear it. The ears were ordered from eBay and I have red rose earrings and a small rose charm on my necklace.

For cold weather, I love this sweater from BoxLunch.


Most recently I brought a fake rose as a photo prop, which added an extra touch.

4.      Cinderella


I haven't always been a huge fan of Cinderella, but I fell in love with this top is from Hot Topic with ribbons and a corset back. The skirt is from my time in Japan so it might have been from Forever21 or H&M. I ordered the blue ears on eBay that match the skirt perfectly.  I paired it with Cinderella carriage earrings from the Disneyland resort and a blue bow in my hair. Add a black choker and a Cinderella nuiMO to complete the look!

5.      Jasmine


I was inspired for this Jasmine bound by a tee at Thriftyland in Anaheim for around $10. I ordered the ears from Tokyo Disneyland on eBay, did bubble braids, and added turquoise flower clips at the bottom. The tiered Aladdin earrings are from FemmedeBloom, and my bag is a Hot Topic Loungefly exclusive featuring chibi princesses that coordinates nicely.


This look was easily paired with this dress from Target I got back in high school. The cutout around the waist is perfect for Jasmine!

Hope you enjoyed the inspiration! Create your own looks of your favorite characters next time you're in the park, and stay tuned for more Disneybound ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment